Thursday, April 26, 2012

From Writing Class: Assignment - A Short Story Based one of your Favorite Paintings - "Dawn Has Arrived"



At the dawn of this new day, the end is finally coming into view. The end. The glorious end. My new beginning in a land flowing with milk and honey - that I do not have to fetch or tend to.

My last day to wake up before the flowers or the birds have yet begun to stir. My last day to bear the burdens of aching back and never-ending callouses. Now I can see the end in sight and how wonderful it shall be.

Oh, dear Mr. Schneider, how indebted I shall ever be...What a generous man to adopt me, even in my teenaged years. To be freed from this wretched slave factory of an orphanage. What joy this news brings to my soul.

As I sit upon this rock and look out upon the dew-drenched horizon, I realize I am truly free for the first time in my life, and I cannot begin to imagine what joys and heartaches this piece of truth shall bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment