Thursday, April 26, 2012

From Writing Class: 10 Minute Free-Write - "Unrelenting Admirer"

"I plead with you that should you continue in this path of utmost destruction, you shall be kind enough to leave my daughter out of it."

"But, ma'am, I mean no harm--",

"Enough. You may think it to be splendidly romantic, but I find it a terrible nuisance. I will not tolerate you gallivanting around like a show horse with your wild attempts to steal Diana's affections. You had best be on your way, young man."

"Yes. I'll do as you so bid me. But, I daresay I shall be returning just beyond your stead to abide in the tranquility of her presence - just out of grasp - for as long as my ever-yearning heart shall continue to beat."

And with that, he tipped his hat politely, turned on his heel, and strode off into the night. A tremble overtook Mrs. Carrigan as maternal instinct told her this was not a matter to be overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment